Purchasing a phone and plan

Options
Boo250
Boo250 Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Phones

G=Hey there, I have a plan already with fizz and my wife wants t purchase a phone and pan with fizz. she want to go thru pay bright to purchase the phone. to pre-qualify it wants her cell phone number but she doeesnt want one. she cant use mine because it wil bring up my name. How cn she go thru pay bright without a cell phone number? thank you

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,065 ✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Boo250

Your wifi should create a her account, and use your referral code to activate the plan.

This is the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-buy-phone-fizz also how to tranfer the number from an other provider https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Payment option 2: Pay later with Paybright

If paying upfront is not your thing, paying later is available with Paybright, a company that offers plans to break down the cost of a purchase into several payments. The payment solution offered by Paybright on fizz.ca varies based on the value of the phone you’re considering: Pay in 4 for small purchases, and monthly instalments for large purchases.

You’d still have no fixed-term contract with Fizz, and no restrictions on the Fizz mobile plan you want to associate with your phone. You’ll even be able to change your plan every month if you want.

When you choose to pay with Paybright, you will be redirected to the Paybright website to check your eligibility. Paybright must approve your request since the payments to pay for your phone will be done to Paybright, not Fizz. Approval usually takes only a few minutes. See the Paybright conditions.

Once your request is approved by Paybright, you’ll complete your application and set up your Paybright account.

• Depending on the plan for which you are eligible, your payments to Paybright will be set up as pre-authorized debits from your chequing account or as automatic payments from your Visa or Mastercard credit card.
    • For the monthly instalments, the exact Annual Percent Rate (up to 19.95%) and total cost of borrowing that applies to your phone purchase done via Paybright will be calculated and shown to you before you finalize your transaction. There aren’t any other Paybright service fees, prepayment fees, or hidden fees.
    • The monthly payments to Paybright will start 30 days following the date the phone was delivered on, and will continue to be debited automatically on the same day of each month for the rest of the term.
    • For Pay in 4, the first payment is taken the day the phone is delivered on, followed by one payment every two weeks after that.

Remember, your payments to Paybright are only for your phone. That purchase is kept separate from the price of your Fizz mobile plan. This means you can change your plan anytime you need to. Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy

If you cancel your Fizz phone order, the cancellation of your loan agreement and the refund if applicable of any payment made will be issued by Paybright.

Important to note – A promotional rebate is sometimes offered for a limited time on the suggested retail price of some phones offered on fizz.ca. To see how these discounts work and the conditions that apply if you leave Fizz, click here.  

This discussion has been closed.