Moving internet from videotron to Fizz

Options
hanitawfik
hanitawfik Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Internet

I am with Videotron and I've just registered for an internet plan with Fizz. What's the next move now, do I have to call Videotron to cancel my internet, or does it happen automatically when Fizz installs their router?

Best Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @hanitawfik

You should cancel internet. However, I will suggest to wait to receive the Fizz's modem, test it for a day and after that you can cancel the previous provider

• EtienneB
    EtienneB Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Il est important de vérifier les termes et conditions de votre contrat avec Vidéotron pour savoir comment annuler vos services. Il est possible que vous deviez contacter le service client de Vidéotron pour annuler votre forfait Internet. Il est également possible que vous deviez remettre le matériel de Vidéotron, tels que le modem ou le routeur, pour pouvoir mettre fin à votre contrat. Il est donc important de vérifier les termes et conditions de votre contrat avec Vidéotron pour savoir comment annuler vos services.

Il est également important de noter que lorsque Fizz installe son routeur chez vous, cela ne signifie pas automatiquement que votre contrat avec Vidéotron est résilié. Il est donc important de vérifier les termes et conditions de votre contrat avec Vidéotron et de prendre les mesures nécessaires pour mettre fin à votre contrat, pour éviter des coûts supplémentaires. Il est donc recommandé de contacter le service client de Vidéotron pour savoir comment annuler votre forfait internet.

Answers

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

There's nothing automatic, haha. You should absolutely wait for your Fizz internet to be installed and working, so that you have no downtime at all.

Then it's indeed a matter of cancelling with Videotron, and make sure you get confirmation the same day that it is in process of cancellation, so that they pro-rate it up to that date. Double check with them if you have anything to return (if they provided a router, modem or whatnot that you did not purchase).

Welcome to Fizz!

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options

Best idea is to test F couple of days before cancel V. Let us know if there is any diff. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.