VLC rtsp broken on fizz modem

cmlo_sncz
cmlo_sncz Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Internet

New here.. turn out VLC doesn't connect to my Reolink cameras. happen on PC/laptop/smarhone&tablet. got this error "VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://admin:............:554//h264Preview_01_main'". However Reolink client/app are fine.

Before I haven't had any problem even on browser firefox/chrome/brave...

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003452893-How-to-Access-Reolink-Cameras-on-Local-Network-via-a-Web-Browser

Does anybody has an idea..??

Best Answer

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have no problem using vlc to connect to my cameras ( different brand ) using rtsp protocol with Fizz router. I only had to change my IP address in URL accordingly.

Answers

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 577 ✭✭

Verify your Cameras IP adress to see if they are changed .

• cmlo_sncz

Yes... they change my "old" setup has a different pool. 192.168.31...

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭

Go check what IP and friendly names they're given on the network. It certainly has changed from your previous network.

• cmlo_sncz

If I plug the cameras directly to de router everything is good even browsers.

The "DHCP Reservation" is a pain in the a$$... Tried to assign IP's manually and it's a mess.

I'Will reset modem&cameras and start over if it not I'll use my own router... hassle-free...

• cmlo_sncz

If I plug the cameras directly to the router they work even on browsers.

The "DHCP reservation" is a pain in the a$$ tried to assign IP's manually and it's a mess.

Will reset modem&cameras and start over if it not I'll use my own router... hassle-free...

• cmlo_sncz

If I plug the cameras directly to the router they work even on browsers.

The "DHCP reservation" is a pain in the... Tried to assign IP's manually and it's a mess.

Will reset modem&cameras and start over if it not I'll use my own router... hassle-free...

This discussion has been closed.