Unable to connect to wi-fi.

Options
fvg2062
fvg2062 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Internet

After being away for a few days, none of my devices were able to connect to the wi-fi network. My password wouldn't work, even after I had my device forget the network. I then tried to reset the modem with the button on the back and waited a few minutes, only to find that the network name had changed, now have "EasyConnect' at the end of its actual name. I tried connecting with the default password and it still wasn't working. I then tried to unplug the cable, as well as trying to reset the password with the Fizz wi-fi app. Not only did it not work, but the app seemed to be unable to identify my modem, even thought both the power and coaxial cables were connected. I can't seem to find any similar situations online. Any form of help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,918 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi fvg2062,

Please try unplugging your modem from the electrical outlet for at least 1 minute. Also unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then try restarting the modem.

Check the led status lights on the modem. If one of the 2 arrows is off or flashing, this means that you have a problem with the signal from the coaxial cable, can be a problem in your sector. For this kind of problem, you must contact Fizz support.

More info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

If the led with the '@' symbol is off, please check your Fizz account to make sure your plan payments are up-to-date.

Are you able to connect a device to the modem by ethernet cable? Can you check if the problem affects WiFi only or both ethernet & WiFi?

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

This discussion has been closed.