Travel to Austria

Theresa
Theresa Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in About my account

Hi, I am going to Austria. I found the following information:

Choose your travel option

Travel Add-Ons - this will end at the end of the next payment cycle

Pay As You Go - If i add money now (does this also expire with the end of the next payment cycle)

I only see the text and data options. Is there NO CALL option while I am in Austria?

Thanks for your support.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi @Theresa

For the moment Fizz offers calls only in Canada and USA

The money on the Fizz's wallet don't expire, moreover, the funds you put in your Wallet can be refunded to you. You must make your request to our customer service using the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of this page.

The incoming SMS are free

I will take into consideration to buy a pay as you go service in Austria, usually in Europe the price are low for mobile service.

• Theresa
    edited December 2022

I just saw a response, I assume it was modified. Austria is in the EU

This means basically, that I cannot use my Canadian phone to receive CALLS while being in Europe. (in this case Austria)

I do not need to chat or use data.

I have an Austrian sim card and phone; however, I want to use my Canadian phone in order that others pay for long distance.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

@Theresa

At the moment the call forward doesn't work with Fizz, but you can have an app like Fongo, textnow, that can give you a Canadian number, and you can use it using the data.

I used without problem in Europe and latin america, the only problem that you need to give to your contact an other phone number

• Collapse3
    Collapse3 Posts: 54 ✭✭

You can go on Amazon instead and buy a sim card for like 35 $ ish and you'll have data and a phone number for like 7-10 days

• Theresa

H, thanks Mamie and Jessy for your replies.

I understood now that CALLS cannot be made in Europe.

Fongo, yes I know I can use an app like this (just wanted to avoid providing my number to xxxxx people). All good for now. I will see what I decide.

Thanks again.

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭

There is many prepaid sim options in Austria. They call it wertkarte. « Yesss! » offers prepaid packages like 10€ for 40GB and unlimited calls and sms for 1 month. You can even do some EU roaming for free. I think they even have an eSIM option now.

This discussion has been closed.