buy phone from fizz.ca

ogeday35
ogeday35 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Phones

Can I use a sim card from another country's mobile operator when I buy a phone from fizz.ca?

Best Answer

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

If you are asking whether you can use a phone bought from Fizz with a different SIM, then yes Fizz phones come unlocked, so you can use them with different providers.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi @ogeday35

No you need a Fizz's sim

You can have almost free SIM From the pharmacy Jean Coutu

Until November 30, get a $15 Jean Coutu gift card when you buy a Fizz SIM card in a Jean Coutu.1

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/jean-coutu

• ogeday35

Yes. I have a Fizz's sim.

• ogeday35

I have a fizz sim card, but sometimes I have to use another sim card belonging to my own country. if I plug it into my phone is there any sim unlocked?

• Jess_i88b6

If you have a SIM from Fizz you don't have problem

• ogeday35

And I have another question. Can I cancel my fizz plan when I buy a phone without a promotional discount from fizz.ca?

• ogeday35

for example 4 or 5 months later

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Well it depends on the promotion, etc. You can check it here:

But if you payed your phone in full, you can cancel your plan.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited November 2022

@ogeday35

If when you bought the phone, the phone didn't have any discount, yes you can close your account without penality.

If a promotional rebate is offered on the phone you’re considering, remember that this rebate is conditional on you having an active Fizz mobile plan for an uninterrupted period of several months following the purchase date of that phone. Or, if you don’t already have a Fizz mobile plan, that you activate one within 7 days following the delivery of your phone and that you keep that plan active for an uninterrupted period of several months.

This discussion has been closed.