Router Still Not Working after Payment Mode Updated

Options
Priscilla S. #22073
Priscilla S. #22073 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Internet

Hi there!

I received a notice 1 Sept. 7:47 AM that my credit card was expiring 31 Aug. and prompting me to update my payment mode. Got home from a work trip around 9 PM and my router was not working. Saw the e-mail, updated my payment method, then tried rebooting the router a few times, but it is still not working.

Currently, it is displaying the Power light, the one under that flashes (looks like a Download icon) and the 2.5 G and 5 G lights are on, but sometimes flash. Is there anything I can do? If not, is there a number I can call to have my router reset?

I really need my WiFi back before I start my workday. Thanks for your help!

PS

Best Answer

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Priscilla S. #22073

Did you associate the new credit card to your plans? https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information

The steps to catch up and pay for your plan are the same whether your plan is at risk of being suspended or already suspended:

1. Log into your account on fizz.ca
    2. Once connected, you should see a pop-up with your plan, explaining what you must do, and by when. *If you don’t see a pop-up, select the plan in question to see that same info. 
    3. Click on button “Proceed to payment” and follow the on-screen steps. You can pay with the same payment method or add a new one.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

• Priscilla S. #22073
    Options

Thanks Jessy_ref_i88b6!

I think the new credit card is properly associated. It is showing as the Default Payment Mode for both of my plans. I did not see a "Proceed to Payment" button, but my Transactional History is showing a payment was taken on Aug. 29 for my Internet and on 31 Aug. for my phone.

Is there anything else I can try?

• Priscilla S. #22073
    Options

Thanks again Jessy_ref_i88b6!

Turns out it's hardware-related. Long delay before a tech too... Sept. 8th soonest. Will work through hotspot meanwhile.

I truly appreciate the help you provided.

Have a great day!

PS

This discussion has been closed.