I’m unable to make calls after activating my new SIM?

Options
reem_rouma
reem_rouma Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in My Mobile

Fizz recently requested that I get a new SIM from them (free) as they’re improving their network. After installing and activating it was fine, but now I get a message saying:

”Last line no longer available. Do you want to call using your remaining line?”.

SOS. I can’t make calls at all now and trying to contact Fizz (unsuccessfully) to solve this.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,116 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @reem_rouma ,

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered.

Verifying your account we could see that the Sim change was a success.

Please try to reset your phone`s network settings ( depending on your exact phone model, the manipulation can differ a bit as this will be something general ) - Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Once you do that operation, reboot your phone, enable / disable airplane mode and test if you can make calls.

Possibly test the Sim card in another phone also, as more details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-does-my-phone-say-emergency-calls-only

If the issue persists, do reach us on Live chat so our colleagues can help you further.

Be sure that you are logged to your account and browser any FAQ on the solution hub.

While on any FAQ , wait for a small question mark to appear on the bottom of the screen.

Click it , and a Live chat feature will be revealed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

-Raul :)

Answers

This discussion has been closed.