Why can’t I make or receive calls despite having unlimited minutes?

Mylène Kono
Mylène Kono Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

As of this morning, every call made to me or that I tried to make sends me a text message saying: “Action required: Your current plan did not allow you to complete this call. Please buy an Add-On  https://fizz.ca/s/15/en/2226815/

However, I have unlimited minutes. The only thing that I’ve done with my account is purchase add-ons for the U.S. yesterday. I’m still in Quebec though, which is where I’m covered with my plan.

I’ve tried everything from this link and it still won’t work. What should I do?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,472 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Mylène Kono,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    There was a temporary unavailability for a few hours where some phone numbers were not provisioned. However, the issue has been solved since and you can use them now.
    We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

In case you are still encountering it, I would advise verifying if your phone is connected to the FIZZ network and trying to manually switch between the FIZZ networks you can see on your phone, as you are in Quebec. 
    You can verify this FAQ  for the steps to choose another network.: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Coqueluche
    Coqueluche Posts: 5 ✭✭

Idem. Il y a quelques semaines, j'ai ajouté des minutes É-U. Depuis ce matin: je ne peux faire d'appels ni en recevoir. Si quelqu'un tente de m'appeler, un message dit "il n'y a pas d'abonné au numéro que vous avez tenté de joindre".

• Guevin
    Guevin Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have literally been ghosted by Fizz EVERYWHERE. I've been trying to reach out to them through Whatsapp, iMessage, Twitter, Fizz chat and they just do not help. I can't make a single phone call and I can't receive any. I'm basically paying for nothing. This is crazy that no one is helping me.

• Guevin
    Guevin Posts: 4 ✭✭

Funny enough, what I have similar with Mylène Kono is that I have purchased minutes to the US a few weeks back.

• Jay K. #3685
    Jay K. #3685 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

I'm having the same issues. Also purchased talk/text in the U.S. recently. Now my talk/text doesn't work in Canada. Fizz has escalated my issue but haven't heard back. The issue remains unresolved for about 16 hours. Haven't heard back from them in 7 hours.

This discussion has been closed.