Quebec coverage and travel to BC

Options
kkl
kkl Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

I have Quebec coverage, and I'm traveling to BC.

I've already deposited some money in my Wallet now, do I still need to do any of the following in order to receive/make calls or receive/send SMS?

(1) Change the coverage to Canada wide

(2) Get a Travel Add-on

Best Answer

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@kkl

If somehow you choose to change te coverage area of your plan for Canada, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

A freeze period is in effect 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle, during which time no changes can be made to your plan. 

Important: Any change to your plan must therefore be submitted 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle to come into effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle. Not respecting this delay means changing your plan will be impossible and you will have to wait for the next payment cycle.  

You can only replace your plan with one of our plans offered at that time, and your old plan may no longer be available or may no longer be offered at the same terms afterwards. 

Some discounts or promotions may no longer apply after you switch (for example, certain services or options that were included in your old plan may be charged under your new plan or may no longer be available). 

In the case of data roll over for a mobile plan, the data will take on the attributes of your new plan. 

Example: If you had a monthly Quebec plan and replace it with a Canada plan, your unused data of the previous month (Quebec) will be valid under your new plan (Canada). Conversely, if you had a Canada/US plan and switch to a Quebec plan, your unused data will be valid in Quebec only once the new payment cycle starts. 

A new services agreement with the changes applied will be put in your Fizz account. A copy will also be sent to you by email using the address associated with your account.  

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@kkl

The coverage area you choose determines the expanse of the calls and texts included in your plan. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, you can make or receive calls anywhere in the country. But with a Quebec coverage, a call made or receive from Vancouver for example would not be included in your plan, and you’d have to buy a Travel Add-on.

If you chose unlimited calls when creating your plan, you can make or receive as many calls as you like when you are within your coverage area. 

When you are within your coverage area:

• Plan with unlimited texts: all text messages you send are included, whatever their destination is. With a Quebec coverage for example, you could send a text to Ottawa, or even London.
    • Plan without unlimited texts: sending a text will cost you $0.05, whatever its destination. To do so, you’ll have to add funds in your Fizz wallet

*As mentioned, incoming texts are always free, whether you’re within your coverage area or not, and whether you opted for unlimited texts or not. 

Calling within your coverage area:

• Any call you make within your coverage area is considered a local call. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, a call from Montreal to Vancouver will be local. 
    • When you are in your coverage area, any call you receive, even those coming from abroad, are considered and billed as a local call.
    • If your plan includes unlimited calls, you can make (and receive) as many local calls as you want within your coverage area. 

The mobile data included in your plan must be used when you are within your coverage area. Outside your coverage area, you must buy an Add-on or add funds to your Fizz wallet to pay per use

The calls received on your voicemail are not billable whether you are in or out of your coverage area. 

Once voicemail is activated on your plan, you’ll have to set it up. Once that is done, learn how to use it.

If you’re having trouble accessing your voicemail, click here

Checking your voicemail when you are within your coverage area won’t cost you anything. When you are outside your coverage area, however, you must dial 1-514-647-0999 to access it, and you will be billed the applicable per-minute rate based on whether you opted for a Travel Add-on or pay per use.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services

• kkl
    Options

I don't plan to change my Quebec coverage, as my billing cycle just started, it's too late now. Probably could have done it a week ago.

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@kkl

Sorry then for all this information, which however will be useful to you if you plan to return on a trip in the future... : )

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

Jist tell us when you will come back, if you had any coverage.

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Options

If you add money in your wallet then you will pay per use, just make sure your roaming parameter is activated and you're all good

• Raqpha
    Raqpha Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options

Another question on coverage, does Quebec coverage also cover Ottawa region or do you need to switch to Canada coverage instead?

Thanks

• kkl
    Options

Quebec coverage also covers Ottawa region. No need for Canada coverage unless you are like in Carleton place or farther.

This discussion has been closed.