Why is my internet connection dropping frequently

Ted C. #38639
Ted C. #38639 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Internet

I am on Fizz (120 mbps plan) and every day I have almost daily internet disconnects. This happens to both ethernet and wifi connections. The internet interruptions are impacting my work from home and it is becoming impossible to work like this. It is getting worst every day. Please help

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Ted C. #38639,
    I am sorry to hear that you encounter this situation with your services,  

I verified your account and the plan is in good standing.
    Also, there are no incidents reported in your area at this time from my verifications.
    The modem is online now and you should have an internet connection.
    I have verified your connection as well and in the last 2-3 days the signals are great, however, there were some signals out of the norms in the history.
    I can see that your router was restarted ( either by you or by itself).
    To remedy this, please try these manipulations:
    Can you please, electrically restart your modem, by disconnecting the power cord from the back, wait for 30 seconds and then plug it back in?
    You might have to restart your devices connected to the Wi-Fi and with the ethernet cable too.
    Also, please disconnect the coaxial cable from the back and from the coaxial outlet, wait for 20 seconds then connect them back and make sure that it is well screwed at both ends.

If that doesn't fix it, please send us a picture of your modem's lights. And we will advise further. :blush:
    Check this FAQ for more manipulations you can try yourself: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

If neither work, please, contact us in private in order to fix it.
    You can use the steps provided by Fling to do so.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

This discussion has been closed.