change plan before next period of payment

Fai
Fai Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

So I’m planning to go to the US the 20th may and I need to change my plan for canada + US, but wtv change I make will only take effect from the 25th (when my month begin), is there an option for early termination and start a new plan from the 20th? Thank you :)

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

@Fai

Hi,

unfortunately no if you wish to keep your current phone number. To use your cellphone during your trip abroad, until the modification of your plan, you'll need to buy a Travel Add-On or again add funds to your wallet to pay as you go.

Can’t decide if you need a Travel Add-On or should pay as you go? It depends on how long you will be away and how much you will be using your phone while roaming. If you will be travelling for a long time, choose a Travel Add-On (it’s more affordable, and will be valid until the end of your next payment cycle). If you’re going on a short trip, paying as you go will be more practical.

*Make sure to activate the roaming option of your phone, or else it'll block your usage. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭

Hello @Fai, changes to your plan do not come in to effect until your next billing period and you must make the changes at least 72 hrs. before the end of your current billing period. I believe the only temporary option you have is to purchase a travel add-on. Of course you could install a calling/texting app from your respective device app-'store' to use on any available WIFI, but this would not use your FIzz phone number as Fizz does not provide for WIFI calling/texting at this time.

This discussion has been closed.