sharing data

Options
JPRfizz2
JPRfizz2 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I currently have a Samsung S20 and a tablet Tab A with a sim card in each of them. From my current provider, I can share my data from my primary account (S20) with my tablet. This means that I can use my tablet has a hotspot to connect other devices and can access it remotely via my phone or laptop.

Question: Does Fizz offer the same service or I need to have 2 separate data plans to accomplish the same.

I forgot to mentioned that I have a Can/US plan.

thank you JP

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

With Fizz, you need to have 2 SIM, with 2 plans and data plan in both of them, if you want to transfer the data manually, Fizz doesn't have, at the moment, to share data between 2 plan automatically.

However, fizz will give you 500Mb bonus in a plan without internet, probably for your needs there are more then enough, this are given in order to use the MMS, but you can use then for any other usage

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @JPRfizz2

You can do a similar thing

Both plan they must have a data plan, you can transfer data, manually, by 500M step

Or you can enable the teethering a make an hotspot

Yes you can do with a Quebec Plan, Canada and Can/US Plan

If you decide to subscribe don't forget to use a referral code, you can use mine, both of us will receive 25$ at your 2nd payment

Keep in mind, that you can use your plan at most 3 months outside your coverage zone

• JPRfizz2
    Options

Hi Jessy,

I don't think that I was clean with my description. I have 2 sim cards and without doing anything, I share my data on my primary line with the tablet. This means that I can leave my tablet in my camper and use it as a router to monitor my propane tanks gas level, my batteries and other devices that I can control remotely. I can't make calls with the tablet but everything else works.

What you are suggesting is that I would have to have 2 plans and I would have to manually transfer data from my primary account to the other account. If that is the case, that will NOT work for me. I was looking for a more transparent solution and that isn't it. I guess I will stay with my current provider.

thank you

JP

• JPRfizz2
    Options

Jessy,

"However, fizz will give you 500Mb bonus in a plan without internet, probably for your needs there are more then enough, this are given in order to use the MMS, but you can use then for any other usage"

I don't need for MMS, I need the data for internet connection if and when I am using my tablet as a router. So, this would be too complicated for me at the moment. I will wait and see if the program evolves.

thank you for your feedback and reply.

JP

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

You can use the 500Mb for internet, for iot will be enought

• Andry Prokhorenko
    Andry Prokhorenko Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Look, I have 2 Numbers and I purchased it under the wrong number, the question is how to move it to my second number?

• Andry Prokhorenko
    Andry Prokhorenko Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Also I'm talking about data for travel, in USA

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @JPRfizz2, Fizz allows customers to use their data either on-device or by sharing using the tethering/hotspot feature of the device. Use the data as you want, according to your plan with data. Happy Fizzing.