No incoming calls they go straight to voicemail

HORNYGOAT
HORNYGOAT Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

iPhone X - left the country in November for 4 months. Had diminished my plan to the lowest available so I do not lose my perks

I have now returned, and Fizz did not reactivate my former plan as requested a few weeks before my return. I had to buy minutes blocks . The problem is that since last week although I bought more minutes all calls go through voicemail .

this is quite bothersome

Best Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello, I suggest:

• check the settings of your phone to see if it is connecting to Fizz, you may have to toggle between automatic network selection and manual selection
    • check your APN settings, select or add the Fizz APN settings, it may be a good idea to reset the network settings to factory first to erase the roaming APN settings for while you were out of country
    • enable airplane mode, remove and re-insert your Fizz SIM, disable airplane mode and may have to reboot device
    • changes to plans are users' responsibility and come in to effect at the start of the next payment period,, and Fizz did change the mobile plan offerings in January so your previous plan and pricing may not exist any longer.
    • check to see if your phone settings are set to allow incoming and outgoing calls
    • if all your phone settings are correct and a reboot doesn't resolve the issue, log in, go to My Settings and Complaint to open a Support Ticket, the exchange occurs by the email address registered on your account.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,475 admin
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hello Hornygoat,

Thank you for letting us know about it.

I see that one of my colleagues has taken care of the situation regarding your plan reactivation.

As for the calls related issue, if you're still experiencing this situation, l will recommend you to follow the bellow 2 FAQs and try all the troubleshooting steps provided:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-receive-any-calls-on-my-phone

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why

In case it won't work, I'm kindly asking you to contact us in private by live chat or via social media: Facebook Messenger or Twitter. Please check the info provided on the following link:

https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Havea good one,

-Radu

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,305 ✭✭

hi @HORNYGOAT

I assume you have already tried to power cycle your phone ? Does it show that is it connected to the "FIZZ" network ? Can you make outgoing calls ? Receive texts ?

As you probably already realized, making changes to plans is only effective as of the start of the NEXT payment cycle.

Also, with the new policy that went into effect in January,

Important: A freeze period is in effect 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle, during which time no changes can be made to your plan. 

Important: Any change to your plan must therefore be submitted 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle to come into effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle. Not respecting this delay means changing your plan will be impossible and you will have to wait for the next payment cycle.  

Fizz Customer service agents are only available online. Here we are all end users like you.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

• HORNYGOAT

I have an iPhone. I don’t know where to look for APN. What is APN?

thanks

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,305 ✭✭

APN configuration instructions can be found here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn#4

However I doubt is has anything to do with APN settings. APN settings would affect Data and MMS messages only.

• HORNYGOAT

thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.