New phone transfer number

winoto
winoto Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I bought new SIM card and phone, if I want to transfer the number (Rogers) to fizz, should I change the SIM card on my old phone with fizz SIM card and after activated, I removed that SIM card and put it into new phone?

thanks.

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

You need to activate your Fizz plan with your number transfer request. Keep your Rogers SIM card in your phone until you have received and replied to the text from Rogers to confirm and approve your number transfer request.

After replying YES to the text from Rogers, you can then switch over to the Fizz SIM card.

When you transfer your current phone number to Fizz, your line must still be active with your current/previous provider. Fizz will disconnect your old provider during the activation process.

To keep your number and transfer it to Fizz, you will need the account number for your current/previous mobile provider (you can find it on your bill).

During the activation process, here’s how to keep your current phone number:

1. Click Transfer a number to Fizz.
    2. Enter your phone number in the field that opens up below.
    3. Use the drop-down to choose your previous provider.
    4. Enter your previous provider’s account number or your phone’s IMEI# in the field below.
      • Find your account number on your bill.
        • Dial *#06# on your phone to get your 15-digit IMEI number.Only the IMEI phone number used at your current provider will allow the transfer.
        • If the number is more than 15 digits long, enter only the first 15 digits.
    5. Click Next, review your first monthly plan payment and click Submit.
    6. A transfer authorization request will then be sent by text by your current provider to confirm your wish to transfer this number over to Fizz. This request must be answered by the set deadline. 

Important to know

• Only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region can be transferred.
    • Only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.
    • It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.
    • It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.
    • Failure to answer the transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider by the set deadline means that your request to transfer your number over to Fizz will be cancelled. If you haven't received the transfer authorization request by text, you'll need to contact your current provider directly.

Source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Answers

• winoto
    winoto Posts: 4 ✭✭

So after the number is transferred to fizz, I could change the phone (device) right away right?

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭

The mobile service stays with the SIM card.

For your case, if you have 2 working phones, you can keep the Rogers SIM card in your old phone and put the Fizz SIM card in your new phone right away.

Once the number transfer is complete, your old phone will stop working and all your calls and texts will happen on your new phone.

• 350Z
    350Z Posts: 7 ✭✭

J’ai eu un problème de transfert hier. Finalement, j’ai suivi les conseils et tout fonctionne bien !

• 350Z
    350Z Posts: 7 ✭✭

Right, you put the Fizz SIM in your phone and you can complete the inscription. 😊

This discussion has been closed.