Hello, My home phone is with Videotron.

ADO
ADO Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

My home phone is with Videotron.....can I transfer that number to my Fizz mobile?

TIA,

Best Answer

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @ADO, yes you can transfer your landline number to Fizz mobile. Keep your landline active and follow the steps on the Fizz website for porting a phone number. If you have any issues with porting the number, you can open a Fizz Support Ticket with Customer Service by going to My Settings, Contact Form and submit. The exchange occurs over the email address registered on your account.

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,645 ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Hi Ado,

No you cannot and read what Fizz say about it

Number transfers that are not currently offered.

It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

Source https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

But you could do it whit Videotron and after transfert it to Fizz. Ask the question to Videotron support

• ADO

Thank you for the quick response!

• ADO

Thank you Clive.....I'll give it a shot.....

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,645 ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Ado,

You cannot

Number transfers that are not currently offered.

It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

Source https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

But you could do it whit Videotron and after transfert it to Fizz. Ask the question to Videotron support

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

In spite of what is mentioned regarding the inability to transfer VoIP numbers, I have done this twice.

First time was transferring a number from a VoIP provider to Videotron.

Second time was transferring that same Videotron number to Fizz.

Note that at least once a cloud service refused to accept the number as a cell number (for 2FA purposes) so this does seem to be an edge case, but it worked.

This discussion has been closed.