9gb plan no longer exists

ashry
ashry Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in My Mobile

for people who had 9gb plan and want to change to another plan, can they go back to 9gb? does fizz offer grandfather rule? have they provided grandfather deals in the past? for loyal support?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mataze
    Mataze Posts: 2,068 ✭✭

Indeed, as today, the 9GB plan is no longer avalaible. Meaning that, if you switch plan, you will no longer to return to your old plan if it was the 9GB one.

https://fizz.ca/fr/forfait-mobile?ADDONS[0]=18&CVRG=108&DATA=97&PLAN=3&SMS=223&VOICE=90

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭

You can only choose from plans that are available. If you currently have a plan that isn't offered now you can keep it as long as you do not make changes to it.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Yeah, unfortunately this plan hasn't been available for a while now (I believe they changed it two weeks ago). You can only change to the plans that are currently offered by Fizz.

However, Fizz changes their price structure constantly, so the chances are high that it might come back at some point.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

Hello @ashry

Yes Fizz offers grandfather deals: you keep it as long as you don't change. It's actually one of it's strongest advantages versus competition.

But you cannot go back to a deal you once had in the past. Otherwise everybody would do so considering inflation.

• Hello @ashry, yes, earlier this month Fizz changed its mobile plan offerings and the result has been an increase in pricing for similar amounts of data (i.e. 9GB now 10GB for $5 more than previous). No 'grandfather' clause, change your plan and pay the plan rate available at the time you change your plan. Fizz pricing is inching closer to pricing at its parent, Videotron, and while still less expensive, not as great a value as pricing available in December 2021.

This discussion has been closed.