Can we make international calls to Tunisia using a Fizz mobile and what are the rates?

neotrax
neotrax Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

I am not able to find this information in the add-ons section.

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @neotrax

Looks like some countries in that region are not on the list (Tunisia, Libya, etc..). Looks like the only country close to that that is on the list is Algeria. But even that, it is QUITE pricey. It is listed as $20/60 minutes if you buy block of minutes, or $0.60/minute for pay per use.

Voip Services like VoIP.ms seem to be charging as low as $0.0835 for calls to landlines in Algeria, but over $0.55/minute to cell phones. And Tunisia is even higher at close to $0.90/minute (only one prefix is at $0.20/minute).

You can try contacting customer service, but I doubt they will be able to help. Odds are, they don't have any agreements with any partners in that area.

You could also use something like Fongo Mobile. It's a free app you can install on your phone, and you can buy credits on the app, and calls to Tunisia are listed at starting at $0.53/minute and $0.79/minute for calls to cell phones and other services. Fill list of price for fongo rates is HERE. Obviously this would also use either your Data, or WiFi if you are connected to WiFi.

If you want to try contacting Fizz, Fizz Customer service agents are only available online. Here we are all end users like you.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private/incognito window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

Answers

• neotrax
    neotrax Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for your response. I used fango mobile but the call quality wasn't good enough. I don't understand how Fizz doesn't allow calls to Tunisia (confirmed by customer service). Putting Tunisia and Lybia in the same category isn't fair.:Tunisia has an advanced mobile infrastructure with 3 big operators: Ooreedo, Orange and Tunisia Telecom. The only reasons I can see is laziness and no interest in customers who have relatives in this country. Customers with Tunisian roots should be aware of this. Personally, I would never signup with Fizz if I knew the existence of this issue.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

They may have advanced mobile infrastructure, but calls to that region are not cheap. And if they can't get an agreement with the operators, they may find themselves with charges that are really outrageous. The cost to make calls in those regions is already pretty high, and if no agreement is in place there is no way for them to know how to bill the customer.

If you think it is odd that Tunisia is not a destination they "support", try looking for the rates for something as big as the "United Kingdom" ? It is not on the list either. I don't get it.