Data usage order and coverage area change

Vanni
Vanni Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hello,

I am having an issue with data usage. I have 6GB of rolled over data, expiring in 13 days (5GB rollover and 1GB rollover upgrade), but my plan is currently using data that is expiring in 47 days.

Could this be affected by the fact that I changed my coverage area from Canada+USA to Canada and then back to Canada+USA?

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Hi Vanni,

Changing your plan is not suppose to do something to your data rollover.

Ask the question to Fizz support because they don't take the data in the right order

·        Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner 

·        Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services 

·        Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

·        Choose the option 💬 chat

If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser like Firefox edge or a private one.

Other means of contact

·        Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

·        By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

·        By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

CHAT however is the only effective and quickest

Good evening

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

I have a similar problem. Please contact customer service, they will look into it.

• Vanni

Contacted Customer Service via FB Messenger - they have opened a ticket, they need to check whether it is just a display error or an anomaly on my account. I will keep you posted.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

Thanks for eventually getting back to us because this is abnormal. At least they admit it doesn't follow the shortest lifespan usage rule.

As per your question, rollovers must follow your current plan.

If you change your plan, your rolled-over data will match your new coverage. For example, if you switch from a Canada-US to a Quebec plan, your rollover data will also switch to a Quebec plan.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

So I can only guess there is a bug related to plan coverage changes and rollover history.

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 573 ✭✭

I have something similar, it uses the current data before the rollover/gifts...

• Vanni

Update: the ticket is still open, there has been no update for the past 3 days. In the meantime, the data from my current month's plan were exhausted and to maintain data service i had to activate one of the 1GB perks. I really hope they give me back the data used when everything is sorted.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

I guess they're working with a skeleton crew these holidays.

I hope they compensate you well. Until then, try to benefit from data sharing. It works relatively well. Just ask for some data in the following places anonymously with your referral code:

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

My ticket has been opened for two weeks. However, the situation resolved itself. In your case, I don't understand why your regular data is used before your rollover/gifts/perks. The way I understand it, gifts should be used first, then perks, then rollover, then regular data. Data within each category should be used by shortest lifespan to longest lifespan.

Then, maybe your plan change has something to do with the situation.

• Yann D. #22965
    Yann D. #22965 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Unfortunately, it can be looooong in the Holiday period to get help form the support...

• MarcVivian
    MarcVivian Posts: 120 ✭✭

Thank you!

• Vanni

I got a response from Customer Support. Totally useless. They tell me there is nothing wrong with my data consumption, but there obviously is.

How do I get back to them?