How long does this crap take?

Options
Disappointed
Disappointed Posts: 9 ✭✭

My payment failed twice. So my plan gets temp cancelled. I finally get the payment to go through at 5:43pm and it is now going on 10:43 in 2 minutes and I still have no connection to my wifi. Only thing that has happened is a reset to how I set my wifi. Name is back to default including the password.

I've contacted them at least 8 times throughout the day to the point that my tiny wifi is now gone over. And I have 3 active tickets with them. That all haven't progressed in the slightest since they were filed. One at 3pm and 2 at 8pm.

And still nothing. Is there anyone that can tell me what the hell is going on? Because I'm ready to swap companies. My account has been reactivated and I have a day gone from my internet plan that I haven't been able to access at all today and have paid for. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone if this is how it is for others.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Typically it take 2 to max 3 hours to get a connection back after you make the payment.

You did NOT need to RESET the modem. You just sometimes need to unplug the modem, WAIT 5 MINUTES, then plug it back in ? Can then take another 5 minutes to establish connection. You will know when the connection is established when the second and third lights from the top, stop blinking green, and BOTH switch to Blue.

If that still does not work, then you will unfortunately need to contact customer service to check and see what is going on.

You will be glad to know that for the future: Starting 2022/02/17, the preauthorized payment of any Fizz plan will now be taken 72 hours before the start of its payment cycle, instead of the 24 hours currently in effect. That way will give you more time to react when something fails, and before they cut the service.

If you need to contact a customer service agent.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

• Disappointed
    Options

Thanks for the information I already knew. I did not reset my modem. I haven't touched it until an hour ago when I did what I was told to do by the customer support I was talking to. Nor did they tell me to reset my modem either. I appreciate the response neither the less.

And if your curious as to how long it's been. At in Les that 35minutes it will be 6hours I've been dealing with this.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear that. I know it can be very frustrating. The 3 day change for payments will be a welcome change, since I am sure it will help avoid many of these situations.

However when you unplug the modem, make sure you wait the 5 minutes before plugging it back in. I know it sounds pointless, but it does give the provisioning server a chance to reset the internal provisioning request and treat it like a new request once it is plugged in after 5 minutes. If it is a simple unplug/plug, it seems to not be as effective.

• Disappointed
    Options

I agree with you there. And it's what I am currently doing. I just unplugged it actually to let it sit for 5 minutes to see if it will change anything. Right now I'm using my phone data to try and resolve this and I'm almost a gb over my limit since I've been using it all day trying to resolve the situation. I hope the new system helps these kinds of problems if not I'm going to just swap back to bell or something. More pricey but at least the service with dealing with them is a lot simpler and easier. Or at least it has been in the years I've used them In the past.

And it's not like the internet is bad with this company. Just the service is a giant hassle.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

Did it work? I know such problems can take more time to solve during weekends.

• Disappointed
    Options

Not at all. Even contacted them in Facebook and got told to be patient and understanding once again. And that the problem is taking more time due to unexpected problems that they've found. But no one is contacting me from them to tell me this. I have to contact them through this situation. And I don't mind that, if they'd actually be helpful. Ive had more luck with my modem using the forum for problems then dealing with the people who work at this company. It's like there treating me as someone who knows nothing about this situation. When I know a lot more then most people do due to being interested in the coding that goes behind these things and just being interested in how modern internet works compared to the early 2000s and before hand. :/ Just disappointed in this since it's now the second month that it's happened to me in a row.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Disappointed

[...] Right now I'm using my phone data to try and resolve this and I'm almost a gb over my limit since I've been using it all day trying to resolve the situation [...]

If you are also on Fizz Mobile and need data, do not hesitate to ask for some in the following places:

Conditions:

• Share your referral code on those places
    • Your mobile plan must be active and have a data plan
    • Your account must not be configured in Incognito mode
  • MarcVivian
    MarcVivian Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!