About mobile phone

Rohan N.
Rohan N. Posts: 1 ✭✭

I want to order a new mobile phone from Fizz. I will be in Toronto for some time for work. Will my phone and network work in Toronto

Best Answer

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

Hi Roden,In Toronto you will not be in a subscription area and the majority of your usage should be in your subscription area. It will works if you are there a few days a month. Partner networks: How does expanded coverage work?

The expanded coverage zone is for our mobile members who travel in specific regions not covered by the Fizz network (Subscription area). It is intended for occasional coverage, and applies to Quebec, Canada and USA.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area). 

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

Use our coverage map to check that you are using your phone in a zone covered by the Fizz network:

Visit our network coverage map to check the subscription area.

(On the coverage map the subscription area is Fizz network, the coverage area is patner networks)

Check the name of the network indicated on your phone. If 'Fizz EXT' or if it does not say Fizz, you are on one of our partner networks and your usage will be considered extended coverage. You can adjust your phone’s settings to limit this usage by deactivating roaming on our partner networks.

If you do not have the choice and you are geographically obliged to use the majority of your usage on our partner networks beyond the tolerated limits, we advise you to subscribe with the service provider who offers coverage in this area.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

Answers

• Roben
    Roben Posts: 34 ✭✭

I have no issue with the network when I was in Toronto. So it should be OK for both

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

As long as you have a Canada wide plan, everything will work flawlessly at high speeds. Just make sure that you have a Canada wide plan (if you need to change the plan, do so far in advance as any change only comes into effect with the next billing cycle).

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79 ✭✭

Yes it will work no problem

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

It should work without any problem. However, you need to be in a subscription zone (Quebec or Ottawa/Eastern Ontario) most of the time. If you spend more than three months outside the subscription zone, your service will be deactivated.

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭

The sim will get sent to your home billing address which needs to be in the coverage zone. Also, if the majority of your usage is outside the FIZZ network for 3 consecutive months, FIZZ has the right to cancel your plan as they require the majority of the usage on their network.

FIZZ always has new subscribers bonuses. All you need to do is use a code like the one next to my username above ;)

This discussion has been closed.