Deleting account that has no service subscriptions

highflying10
highflying10 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in About my account

I have an account open for over a year but didn't subscribe to any services. No mobile, no internet. I want to close and delete the account. The instructions are to Unsubscribe but i have nothing unsubscribe from. How do I delete the account completely?

Background: I opened this account way back when Fizz was just starting but ended up never getting any services. Now I'd like to subscribe to a mobile plan but i'd like to collect the referral bonus. Problem is that since I already have an account (despite never having used it) it seems I am not eligible for the referral bonus. Hence, Id like to delete my account and then use a referral code from my sister to open an account and get a mobile plan with referral bonus.

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @highflying10

there is no self-serve procedure. You have to chat with Fizz about that. Some forum members suggested that the account gets closed after 3 months of inactivity but I cannot find a related FAQ.

Chat bubble is the best tool to reach Fizz. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

Answers

• highflying10

wow. Thank you for your quick response.

• highflying10

Background: I opened this account way back when Fizz was just starting but ended up never getting any services. Now I'd like to subscribe to a mobile plan but i'd like to collect the referral bonus. Problem is that since I already have an account (despite never having used it) it seems I am not eligible for the referral bonus. Hence, Id like to delete my account and then use a referral code from my sister to open an account and get a mobile plan with referral bonus.

• Philemon24

How about you simply open a new one with a new email? You will loose My rewards points, but not everyone is far up the levels...

• kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 170 ✭✭

i suggest you to keep it open even thought you dont have any plan with them.

why?

i used to be client early 2019 for 6 months, then i cancel my fizz plan because my new employeer gave me a phone + plan (bonus).

then, when i left that company, I switched back to fizz (account was not deleted but inactive)

i did the right thing, because i did not lose any points, status, and fidelity ! awesome. I mean i didnt have to start from scratch as a new client !! yeah !

so keep it open, if one day, you wish to come back....it's there !! let your account hibernate (remove your credit card obvioulsy)

😎

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Actually, if you gave NEVER had any service with Fizz, odds are that you still qualify to use your sister's referral code on this account. You enter the code when you take your fist plan (internet or cell)

Just go through the process as if you were going to select a plan and all, and when you get to the order summary page, you will know.

If you have the box (as in the picture above) which allows you to enter a referral code, then you are still good to go. If not, then something had triggered it, and account is no longer eligible for a referral.

• You can either contact customer service to try to delete the account.
    • Or you can just remove any personal info on it, and abandon it. Then create a new account with a new email.
    • If if you absolutely want an account with this email address that you have right now, you can also just ask customer service to change the email address on this account to some other junk email you may have (or can create). Then open a new account with your email again :) And you can abandon this account which will have another email. You can change a some info on the account, but email is one that can only be done by an customer service agent

I completely understand wanting to take advantage of a $100 Bonus (for you and your sister) if you are getting your first fizz plan. It's not like you have accumulated any serious points/levels on this account, or have anything you need to keep if it has been inactive all this time.

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79 ✭✭

You cannot Cancel by yourself. You need to chat to support about this.

• Philemon24

Nice indeed!

May I ask how long was your leave with Fizz?

How long does it take to have your history wiped out?

• snow_code_ROZ9N
    snow_code_ROZ9N Posts: 95 ✭✭

contact fizz

• kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 170 ✭✭

as stated, been client for roughly 6 months. then worked for company for 9 months, so i disabled fizz.

when i came back - i knew my email + password - I brought back my phone number to fizz (portability), and inserted a fizz card (fizzz sent me 2 sim cards when applied for the 1st time !!) called back fizz to keep my fone number. followed the process. that's it.

never had any issues for portability nor accessing my online account. so when i reactivated my account my membership didnt start from scratch but 9 months + 6 months old !

😎😎

This discussion has been closed.