New sim card, same number as before

Faiz
Faiz Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in My Mobile

I want to keep my number from Bell and switch to Fizz with a Fizz sim card, how can I get it?

Best Answer

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓

I have switched from Bell with a 613 area code with no issues. Keep your Bell account active until after your number is ported.

Step 1 Get Fizz Sim

Step 2 Install Sim

Step 3 Follow steps for activating sim provided with sim

During activation, chose to port number from another provider.

And you are good to go.

IF you do not have a referral code that you are already using, please use mine (it is the 5 digit code next to my username at the top of this message). It will give you a $100 bonus after your 2nd bill and it will do the same for me. Thank you in advance and Welcome to the FIZZ community!!!

Answers

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

Hello @Faiz

To get the sim card:

If it's a mobile number, you will keep it, Fizz does it all for you.

Just proceed to phone transfer as explained in the detailed page at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

But first make sure you are in the subscription are as explained in https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area . In short, it's the green zone: subscription area is the area where you must live to be a Fizz subscriber.

• Philemon24

And welcome to Fizz 🤗

If you ever need a referral code for the referral bonus, most forum users have theirs near their avatar name like me, wink wink 😉

Just make sure you press the green arrow when you see the Order Summary page.

• Faiz

My number starts with 613, will that work?

• Faiz

Is the 613 area code within the coverage area of fizz and can I transfer that number to Fizz?

• Philemon24

Ottawa has Fizz coverage. But simulate your coverage with your own civic address in the interactive map at https://fizz.ca/en/coverage

• Faiz

My civic address for Bell was in NWT, but the area code in the number is 613. Not sure whether the network was in Yellowknife, NWT or in Ottawa from where the number originally was. Based on the area code it should work, right?

• Philemon24

I believe mobile plans mostly work based on where you live, so which service antennas are near your place. But I don't want to mislead you so to be sure I'd suggest you ask customer service by chatting with them. Or wait for another forum member who had that same experience.

Chat bubble is the best tool to reach Fizz. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

• Kayla
    Kayla Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Super easy! I just switched from Bell to Fizz and it only took me a few minutes!

Once you get your new sim card, just go to fizz.ca/activation to activate it. Once you type in your SIM activation code it'll ask you whether you'd like a new number or if you'd like to transfer your current phone number.

Select the transfer option. Write your phone number and Bell account number and let them take care of the rest. :)

From there, you can follow the texts messages you receive to complete your number transfer.

Alsoooo, if you don't have a referral code already please use mine! We'll both get a 100$ credit which is amazing! You enter the code on the final page of your activation (where it says summary). This is my code: 5BFL1

Oh, and to answer your previous comment: I have a 613 number and had no issues switching it over!

Hope this was helpful :)

• Kayla
    Kayla Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Oh and welcome to Fizz! :D

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭

Your welcome !

This discussion has been closed.