Roaming overseas - what message do people hear when they call you?

Options
Urban_panda
Urban_panda Posts: 6 ✭✭

If you are travelling in France, I know we cannot receive calls nor access our voicemail - but when people try to call you, do they hear your personal message or do they just hear an automatically generated message that says ‘the person you are trying to reach is not available’? Can the person leave a message? Thank you!

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Urban_panda

Hi,

that you are abroad will not affect your voicemail message. If your package is active and it has this option, you will not receive the call but for the caller, access to your email will be possible as if you were not abroad. : )

• Urban_panda
    Urban_panda Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the reassurance! I am going with that! (The Fizz help peeps say that there is no guarantee - this is what I received :

“If you are within your coverage and you can't be reached the voicemail activates and they hear your personalized message. But as I mentioned above, I can not guarantee this will be applied once you are abroad since the call option will be disabled, and the voicemail needs to have this working. “ ) grrr!

• Jsjcnxj
    Jsjcnxj Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Don’t listen to Dapfizzer, he has no idea what he is talking about. I just came back from France and what happened is exactly this:”they just hear an automatically generated message that says ‘the person you are trying to reach is not available”. No one can leave a message. It’s been like that for years now, as soon as you leave the country it always does that. I wish there was a fix.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

It's a bit of a mixed bag. Some people report that nobody can leave a message, others say it worked for them. When I visited my family in Europe, I had no problem with using the plan. I could activate the add-on without problem and people could get through to my voicemail. I guess it really depends on the roaming partner Fizz is using in your destination country.

• Caroline D. #24566
    Caroline D. #24566 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options

…………… …..

This discussion has been closed.