will I be charged for long distance if I go to toronto and I get a call from montreal?

Options
ashry
ashry Posts: 9 ✭✭

also will I be charged long distance if I call montreal from toronto if I don't have canada wide?

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have a Quebec coverage, you need to buy a add-on or add money to your wallet to be able to receive calls and to call when you are outside Quebec.

But with a Quebec coverage, a call made or receive from Vancouver for example would not be included in your plan, and you’d have to buy a Travel Add-on.

You want to use your cellphone while abroad?

1. To use your cellphone during your trip abroad, you need to buy a Travel Add-On or again add funds to your wallet to pay as you go.

Can’t decide if you need a Travel Add-On or should pay as you go? It depends on how long you will be away and how much you will be using your phone while roaming. If you will be travelling for a long time, choose a Travel Add-On (it’s more affordable, and will be valid until the end of your next payment cycle). If you’re going on a short trip, paying as you go will be more practical.

2. Make sure to activate the roaming option of your phone, or else it'll block your usage. 

If you selected the Quebec coverage in your plan, consider buying a Travel Add-on or an International call Add-on to make your calls to Canada or the United States.

To buy a Travel Add-On:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and choose Travel.
    4. Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
    5. On the next screen, select Travel Add-On.
    6. You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and text you will need.
    7. Click Confirm and pay for your Travel Add-On. It will be activated immediately.

Cost is 0.30 $ par minute with Pay as you go (you need to have money in your wallet) or you can buy a add-on 6.00 $ per 60 minutes

Answers

This discussion has been closed.