Singapore Travel

Options

Hello,

I'm travelling to Singapore for a week (from Canada).

I have purchased the International Calls (60 min) for Singapore, and the 500mb Data addition for Singapore. I have added funds to my wallet for the pay as you go service just in case.

However:

• SMS and Calls are not mentioned, and there is no way to purchase packages for SMS/Calls in Singapore

Could you please confirm if after purchasing these 2 packages above + pay-as-you-go wallet, I will be able to receive/send SMS (paying per sent SMS from my added wallet funds, I imagine), and receive/make phone calls (using my 60 mins international calls) in Singapore.

I need to be sure I will receive SMS in Singapore, to receive my regular COVID-19 test results on my Canadian Fizz number.

Thank you!

Charles

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry but you will not be able to receive calls or make calls with Fizz in Singapore, Texts should be fine.

I think what you bought is an add-on to call Singapore from Canada.

We recommend purchasing a local SIM card. This will give you access to better rates on data. Helpful tip: use messaging apps (whatsApp, Messenger...) to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.

Important : You will not be able to make calls while roaming outside your Canada or the United States.

Roaming calls (incoming or outgoing) will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.

In the meantime, you will be able to use data, and send/receive texts when you travel outside your coverage zone. To make and receive calls, you can use messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Messenger.

This discussion has been closed.