Outage every evening at 7:00pm

Sandro N.
Sandro N. Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in Internet

Ok I don't know what the hell is wrong with fizz but my internet cuts off every night around 7:00pm, it's been like that for a month now, I'm properly pissed off.

I have the modem in bridge mode, wifi is off, it's provided by a better class router.

The router is functioning properly, before you ask, and so is the separate AP.

I have to reboot the Fizz modem for things to get back to normal.

I'm trying to reach Fizz but it's hell trying to get that damn chat bubble to show up. they're available 24/7 but they sure as hell don't make it easy for me to reach them.

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sandro N.

I think it is time to contact customer service. https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

They can run a check on the line, and if there are problems on the line signal, send out a tech.

Funny story a buddy of mine was telling me the other day. He has videotron Helix internet. And his internet would also go down pretty much every day at roughly the same time. When the tech came, he checked the lines outside and got a good laugh. The squirrels had chewed right through the cable sheathing. Apparently he sees it quite often. Squirrels are creatures of habit, so every day, around the same time they would go over the cable to get to thier destination. And since they had chewed it out, I guess the copper core was broken in a few places also, so as they walk across it, it would shift and cause problems. When they would leave, it was all fine again, till the next day. Needless to say, the tech replaced the cable, and he hasn't had an issue since then.

I know it is no fun, but I suggest you contact the tech support staff to get a ticket opened to diagnise the line signal and potentially a repair ticket.

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭

Hi Sandro

You can try a factory reset of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing and holding in the small button on the back of the box with a paper clip for 10+ seconds. Then wait 3-4 minutes before trying. You will have to re-enter the codes shown on the modem initially.

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

If the chat bubble doesn't work, you can try clearing your browser cache and retry using private mode. You can also try with another browser or device.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

@Sandro N.

As-tu essayé de brancher ton modem dans un autre circuite d'alimentation ? Ou si tu as un "UPS" disponible, de l'utiliser temporairement, juste pour voir si c'est une baisse de tension temporaire (power glitch) qui cause ça. 

Un ami avez un problème similaire, et c’était à cause de son micro. S’il partait son micro, pendant que le compresseur de son climatiseur marcher, ça causer un glitch, et son modem rebooter tout seul. Des fois le glitch était pas grand, donc ça affecter le modem, mais au lieu de rebooter, il était gelé.

Je lui ai prêter un vieux petit UPS pour faire des tests, et ses problèmes avec son modem ont disparu.

Bizarre, oui.

• Sandro N.

@Emporium Merci

Oui le modem est branché dans un UPS, Je vais vérifier si je ne surpasse pas les amps disponible.

• Sandro N.

I looked everywhere for this link.

I have reset the modem multiple times, unfortunately it keeps on doing the same thing. It might be defective or heat sensitive. who knows, for the router hooked to it, I changed it three times thinking I had a problem with the router.

When the wifi failed multiple times on the fizz router, I put the router in bridge mode and hooked my own routers to it... it worked for a day each.

Netgear R8000

Linksys AC5400 MaxStream

Netgear RAX45

All exhibited the same behaviour when connected to the links's modem as the links's modem by itself.

... 🤔

• Sandro N.

It did it again, tonight, 6:45pm. 😡

rebooted the modem, everything came back online.

• Jean-Michel G.
    Jean-Michel G. Posts: 105 ✭✭

Si ça revient toujours à ma même heure, il doit y avoir un facteur externe qui cause une surtension ou je ne sais quoi sur ta ligne.

Comme déjà dit, contacter Fizz serait l'idéal ils vont pouvoir analyser cela en plus que tu as une heure approximative.

Si jamais tu obtiens la réponse de c'était quoi, je serai intéressé, si jamais ils ferment le topic envoie moi un msg privé ou créé un nouveau topic ;)

En espérant que ça se règle rapidement! :)

• jimjones23
    jimjones23 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

You too huh? I will try the hard reset of the modem with a pin, Good idea

thanks

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

For about a month now I have a similar issue every 2-3 days in the evening I'd be losing the internet, but I noticed that just releasing and renewing the DHCP lease from my router (Fizz modem in bridge mode) seems to fix it. My guess is there might be something funky happening with the DHCP lease and either the Fizzy modern isn't telling my router or the router doesn't pick-up on it.

• Sandro N.

Thanks for all the responses,

Just like windows, a reset of the modem seems to have made it stable for now.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

No microwave involved ? Or parental control ? Check the wifi-fizz app

This discussion has been closed.