Data connection drops upon losing wi-fi connection

Options
Andrey
Andrey Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello!

When I disconnect from the WiFi I have no 4G/LTE data. The only way I can get it back is by switching airplane mode on and off about 5-7 times then it reconnects properly. I have data enabled, roaming enabled. I used to be with a different service provider and this didn't happen.

Furthermore, my sister who is visiting me has the exact same phone but a different service provider and this doesn't happen to her.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrey

I don't know where you are located, but maybe you are a little far from a Fizz tower.

Have you tried to manuall select network, and see if you can use something like "FIZZ EXT" (if available) ? This would force your connection onto one of the Fizz partner networks.

Another option to "Try", is to use YOUR sim, in your sisters phone (since it is the same), to see if the problem persists. Or put your sim in any other phone (if you have any older one or a spare). Just to see if the problem follows the SIM card (regardless of which phone it's in), or specifically your phone.

If you want to discuss directly with a customer service agent:

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.