Question about inscription

GyslainH
GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭

Ok so situation here 

Mother in law is living with us until she gets her new condo in october

wanted to register her on fizz for internet today so she could get the 75$ even tho she gets installed in October. The problem is that the current owner is already with fizz, so fizz won't let us add the adress

So my question is this

is it possible from the website to 

1) Register her account and add her daughters address and ask for an install in october

2) before the install goes on the website and ask to change the address to the condo one (when the current owner left)

Or will she have to wait ti be "installed" then ask to move?

Answers

• Serge_
    Serge_ Posts: 34 ✭✭

I would register at her daughters and make like she move later in october

• GyslainH

Her daughter is already with Videotron and we don’t wanna « fuck » that

• Johanne M. #3059
    Johanne M. #3059 Posts: 115 ✭✭

She can b with videotron and have fizz I does that in the begginning as beta tester. I had both videotron and fizz just to be safe as fizz was really new and I didn't want to lose connection. I would do like Serge tell registrer at her daughter and after make like she move.

• Johanne M. #3059
    Johanne M. #3059 Posts: 115 ✭✭

To bad fizz didn't offer tv because a lot of people would move to fizz from videotron like me but my old parent are not able to use internet tv.

• GyslainH

I don't want fizz to install the modem at my sister in law place tho

I guess I can try contacting fizz and changing the address

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Hi GyslainH

I think Fizz will tell you that you cannot change the address prior to the installation.

It looks like others have replied with the best option.

Install at a temporary address. Then when the current condo owners have moved out and have returned their modem to Fizz, you will be able to do an address change.

In this scenario, when your mother-in-law moves into the condo, she can bring the modem with her, plug it in and temporarily enjoy using her internet. Since the current owners are with Fizz, she would have to wait until they have returned the modem to Fizz before she can make the change of address official.