Not receiving longer SMS

Options
Meghan
Meghan Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello support,

I signed up for fizz recently, and have run into a few issues within the first month. For reference, I transfered from another carrier - same number.

At first my MMS messages were not delivering or being received - figured this was an APN issue, and even though the default settings were correct, I managed to get it solved with a manual add / reset of the APN details. I now get pictures again.

Now a bigger issue has popped up - I am not receiving larger texts. I get small ones without any issues. My texts send without problems, and APN settings are fine (I assume), as pictures still come through. Have not received a single long text since starting with fizz - by long, I would almost mean "medium", as they are less than a paragraph.

Any solutions? Close to switching from fizz but would prefer to stick around. APN settings can be a pain for any network, but this is now 2/3 things I paid for that didn't work as they should...not a great first impression.

Thank you, hope to get an answer!

Best Answer

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,763 ✭✭
    Options

@Meghan try to take a look again on the APN since long message should use the APN

• Seani
    Seani Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz need data for MMS , so you do need have some data left in your plan.

• Meghan
    Meghan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply - Im currently on a 4gb plan, and have used less than a gb. I don't think that is the issue, as I do seem to receive incoming long sms messages after resetting the APN settings - this is only for a short duration though, and after a day or less the messages stop coming in

This discussion has been closed.