Switch payment methods?

Neil
Neil Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 4 in Data Gifting

I have an expired card. The only interaction that I can do to Payment Methods is Add and Delete. So I added my new card. Now I have two cards. I tried to delete my old card, but it's saying "car il est associé à un forfait active." The instructions say "associate your new payment method." How?

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

@Neil you need to link the new payment method to your accounts only after that you can remove your old one

Here are the steps to update a payment method, and associate it to your plans:

1. In your Fizz account, go to My Profile
    2. Click on Payment methods.
    3. Click on Add a new payment method to add your new payment method.
    4. Now make your way to My plans.
    5. For each of your plans, click on Manage plan/Payment method, and associate your new payment method.
    6. Then, select the payment method you no longer want to us, and click on Delete.

Steps 5 and 6 are crucial since the association of your new payment method to your plans is not done automatically.

Voici la guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information

• Neil
    Neil Posts: 2 ✭✭

That's what the instructions say. I was in My settings (user settings) instead of My plans (per plan settings). I needed to manually associate all the per plan settings to the new payment method. Which was confusing because I only have one plan.

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭

@Neil yes you still need to associate the new payment with your plan, if you did that, you can delete the old one

• Sergiy R.
    Sergiy R. Posts: 142 ✭✭

@Mike Thanks a lot! This works great for me!

This discussion has been closed.