Anyone else experiencing internet shortages in the parc-x area?

Options
Manny L.
Manny L. Posts: 99 ✭✭

The internet's been really spotty lately, I'm sure it's not my router. Is there work being done?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Manny L.,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I understand and I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience.

I checked on your account and on your connection signals from the network to the modem where I can see that they are off from the optimal parameters, with some package loss and broadcast congestions.
    However, there is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.

Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?

Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 10 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.

Details on how to solve this can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!
    Andrei

Answers

• Marsel
    Marsel Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah I live in the same area something is up

• Manny L.
    Options

These interruptions happen a little too often around here, Fizz, any suggestions, can you help?

• Marsel
    Options

please help

• Marsel
    Options

yes loll

• Manny L.
    Options

Thank you Andrei for this suggestion, yes I have to reset the modem every 3-4 months because the connection becomes unstable. So if the problem is not the network in general, can you suggest a better modem for me to buy?

This discussion has been closed.