Speed test - 120 Mbps account giving 28 Mbps

Options
Buckylight1
Buckylight1 Posts: 1 ✭✭

My internet account got upgraded to 120 Mbps but speed test says rated speed around 28 Mbps.

Is there a technical problem fizz has to fix ?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,354 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Buckylight1,

Thankyou for reaching out to us.

I just checked in my tools and it appears that you are being provided with a 141.6Mbps Downstream and 23.6Mbps Upstream.
    As per the plan change that came into effect on July 4th, you should have this speed right now.

Pleaseperform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to presson the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 10 seconds,then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.

Iwould kindly invite you to perform a cabled speed test as well as aWi-Fi one and compare the results.

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!
    Andrei

Answers

• Johanne M. #3059
    Johanne M. #3059 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Options

Did you try to reset the modem?

• Pascal L. 40582
    Pascal L. 40582 Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Options

The exact same thing happened to me. Fizz had updated my plan on their site, but Vidéotron who actually does the technical configuration, had not applied the changes to my account. If you search this forum, you'll notice it has happened to many of us.

Contact the Fizz technical support and they will verify everything and force Vidéotron to do their work if they did in fact, once again, forget.

Go to Fizz website (or this URL) https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/que-faire-si-je-narrive-pas-me-connecter-mon-compte-fizz then click the green icon with the " ? " which is on the bottom right of the screen. Then you can choose which platform to chat.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

As @Pascal L. 40582 already pointed out, it can take some time until it happens. However, I would encourage you to reach out to Fizz support to make sure everything is alright on their end. Also resetting the modem might help.

This discussion has been closed.