Wrong address was given for appointment for wifi installation, how do I change it?

Options
Laura13
Laura13 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently scheduled an appointment for July 10 in my apartment but I accidentally gave the wrong address. I am trying to reschedule and it is still using the wrong address I put. How do I reschedule with a different address? I tried to contact customer service and they said I need to wait until July 10 in order to book a new appointment but I absolutely need wi-fi for work. I am able to order a modem and schedule a an appointment with a technician to the right address. But I don't need two modems and don't want to pay for two plans.

I really need an appointment with a technician because I do not have a coaxial port. I tried contacting Videotron but they cannot do anything. I tried to contact customer several time via Messenger & chat, I haven't gotten any help. What should I do?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• unknown23123231
    unknown23123231 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Laura,

For a wrong address i would recommend cancelling the appointment all together as the address connected to the appointment is the same as your Service address.

If you booked your appointment seconds ago, you might need to wait up to 3 hours to see the cancel button on the appointment page. Once cancelled, simply do a new activation for the correct address.

By the way, you may be able to get an earlier date for your activation. I would recommend picking a date now and everyday go back and click change to see what new appointments are available as some clients move their appointments or cancel so slots tend to free up.

Good luck!

• Laura13
    edited July 2021
    Options

I am unable to cancel my appointment and schedule a new one. I've waited a whole day and I still can't do it. I am unable to reschedule as well. Just like last time, I canceled it, yes I was unable to change the address for a new one.

• Laura13
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yes I can do it. But will I be charged twice? I don't need two modems. Should I book a new activation and return the other modem I have? Thank you. I currently do not have the option to unsubscribe.

• unknown23123231
    unknown23123231 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options

So because you are in a rush and your case seems to be a bit complicated, Yes.

At least with a new activation you are guaranteed new and working equipment, a tech to come on-site without having to put a ticket to tech support (which can take time) and on top of that you have a guaranteed activation date.

You might be charged twice but once you return the other modem, you will receive a refund for the other modem and the month you did not use so i'm not too concerned about that.

Let me know if that solves your issue :)

This discussion has been closed.