Our plan was not activated by a "missed appointement" ?

Options
Margaux
Margaux Posts: 3 ✭✭

We've received the modem and the technician from Vidéotron came friday (2 days ago) to install it and made the connections on the cable that was previously installed by the people living here before us. We have followed all the direction from the installation manual that comes with the modem and switch the password on the Easy connect website, but when I log into my account it says that we have missed our appointement with the technician. I suspect that my fizz plan hasn't been activited and that it might be why we can't connect ourselves to pour wifi (we see our wifi connection but when we log ourselves on it says that we see connected but that we dont have an internet connection)

Best Answer

• unknown23123231
    unknown23123231 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Margaux,

Could be that the tech left early and forgot to activate it on the way out.

If your plan is online and it's green on your account page, check your connections and ensure everything is connected correctly. If you still don't have internet, Reset your modem by following this guide and let me know your results.: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it#5

If you log into your Fizz account and you still see "Activation Pending" under your internet plan, i would strongly recommend reaching out to Fizz Support so they can put a ticket to have your service activated remotely.

Visit https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it and click on the Green Question mark on the bottom right and select Chat. From there you will be able to chat with Fizz and simply explain to them that your activation is not completed. They might go ahead and ask you to reset the router but that won't do much if you don't see the Up/Down arrows flick blue on the modem. Nonetheless a ticket will be pushed to the technical support team to get you online remotely.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Answers

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi had the same problem since Friday (day I moved in). Been in contact wth the support team for 4 days now and still it hasn't been resolved. I'm guessing the problem comes from the bug on Friday and Videotron services failling. The technician came and I also see "missed appointment".

I strongly depend on internet since I work from home and have been using my phone data (also with Fizz). I might bust the limit and hope Fizz can resolve the situation faster and/or compensate for the use of my data.

I also have a ticket opened since Friday.

• AlexFizz2021
    AlexFizz2021 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options

Same thing for me. My account says Activation Pending since last Friday. The modem shows all the correct lights.

A ticket has been opened for the technical team on Saturday but still no internet today. I have talked 3 times with customer service but they didn't help.

I also work from home so this is very frustrating. I don't understand why this is taking so long.

A tech is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, he can activate the line.

• Margaux
    Margaux Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

We have the same problème. I also have a ticket opened since Friday and a technician was suppose to come sunday but he never came so we ask the support team to have a second ticket opened and the technician was suppose to come monday but he never came again.

So we choose a new appointment by ourself on our fizz acount.

This discussion has been closed.