SIM card not working.

Options
Abby
Abby Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in My Mobile

SIM card does not seem to be working. I Followed all the steps to activate phone but it does not turn on. What to do please?

Best Answer

• unknown23123231
    unknown23123231 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Abby,

Thanks for your response. If you go to your mobile page where it says pending activation, do you see any additional notifications or actions that need to be taken? You may of skipped something within the activation.

If there's nothing else and you have already been billed on your service, you might need to wait a little before it comes online.

If within an hour you are still having issues, visit https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activate and go to the bottom right of the page and click on the Green question mark. You can then chat with a live agent and a ticket can be put in for Technical Support to look into it on their back end.

NOTE: If you do not see the ? at the bottom of that page, please turn off your adblocker or use a different device.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Answers

• unknown23123231
    unknown23123231 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Abby,

Your post seems to be missing a few details:

1. Are you porting your number from a different provider?
    2. Does your plan on the Fizz site says "Pending activation"?
    3. Have you already been billed for your service?

Let me know so me and other users can assist you better :)

• Abby
    Options

1-no it’s a new number

2-yes

3- I got the SIM card and entered my credit card info.

• Abby
    Options

There are no New notification. I activated SIM card last night a little before midnight so it’s been more than an hour. I guess I will need tech support.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hi @Abby,

I took a look at your account and everything seems to be up and running :) Are you still experiencing the same issues?

If so, can you try toggling on/off airplane mode on your device and see if that works? If not, can you try adding your sim card into another device and see if that works?

Thanks for getting back to us!

Jay

This discussion has been closed.