Referral code for Home Interent

Hi. I'm trying to sign up for home internet and i am the point of checking the box to Services agreement and submit but i have yet to see a place to put my referral code. How do i make sure i use it?

Best Answer

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Idefizz Is right, the referral bonus is only applicable on activation of the first service (mobile or internet, not the first of each). If you already have a service with them (wherever or not you used a referral code for that one), you cannot use a referral code.

You could always open a 2nd account with another email and refer yourself (giving you 2x 75$), but that is the only way around it and you wouldn't gain levels as fast since both accounts would be independent.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Hello @Anatolie M.

The referral code is applicable at the ORDER SUMMARY step on YOUR FIRST ACTIVATION.

• It's the only place you can apply it
    • It's the only moment, forget it and it's too late
    • Make sure you click the green arrow to validate it.

It should look like this:

Seeing you subscribed to the forum earlier this year, I presume this is not your first service. That is why you won't see the referral box.

Maybe sign up with a different account (different email address and Fizz account) in order to benefit of the referral bonus. Use your referral code, or mine I won't mind 😉

• Anatolie M.
    Anatolie M. Posts: 7 ✭✭

Thanks for the quick reply

So, from your response it implies that i cannot benefit from a referral code with my current account even though i only have a mobile plan?

I don't want/need a new account.

And the fact that i don't see the referral box confirms my suspicions that FIZZ is using questionable tactics to lure new customers.

BTW, your screenshot is very low res, unreadable and appears to be outdated

Can you show a better and recent picture from the web on PC?

• Anatolie M.

this is what i get

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

And the fact that i don't see the referral box confirms my suspicions that FIZZ is using questionable tactics to lure new customers.

What's to question? I mean I don't want to defend them but the mention is in the first few sentences of the home page and the referral page:

Are you seeing a different proposal somewhere else?

"Lure tactic" is one way of seeing things, it is indeed a marketing strategy ...for new clients.

I don't want/need a new account.

All good, your internet plan can still be set and you will rise faster in the My Rewards program. You just won't possibly get 150$ to refer and be referred.

BTW, your screenshot is very low res, unreadable and appears to be outdated

Can you show a better and recent picture from the web on PC?

I wish. I agree it's not the best take. But as explained, being already a client I cannot see the referral field anymore. Thus I rely on Fizz' documentation at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz#2

Still you see a box at the summary page followed by a green button.

Feel free to provide us an updated higher-res snapshot, if you create a different account and the option is shown.

Cheers!🤗

• Anatolie M.

I'm trying to activate my FIRST Home Internet plan. FIZZ advertises the referral bonus, yet they remove the option to use it thus making it a questionable/deceiving tactic.

Being a FIZZ client does not mean one cannot use a referral code for a new plan. Key word is 'PLAN' and not 'ACCOUNT' as you implied

Promising something and then not honouring it is DECEIVING!

To top it off, FIZZ seems to have disabled CHAT so we cannot contact them directly, yet they say "We’re here for you, 24/7... you can reach us for support any time of day (or night)."

You say you cannot see the referral field being already a client, yet you post a picture of it somehow. Did you just google it????

Come on, any valid arguments please?

• Anatolie M.

Thanks guys for taking the time to explain things.

This discussion has been closed.