fizz data sim not working on pocket routers?

Ak_Arab2020
Ak_Arab2020 Posts: 4 ✭✭

i have a 0 min 0 text, 20g sim card, and i Huawei pocket router E5338, but its not working the sginal is red, and when i login to the router web settings , it says no service, invalid sim or no sim, what should i do, i only have one cellphone and it has my other fizz sim with texting and calling , so i can only have one in the phone

Best Answer

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓

I have a doubt about that. The device need to support 1700/2100ghz frequencies, in the manual it only says b4(aws) and no numbers while the other bands have numbers.

HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS:

B1(2100)/B2(1900)/B4(AWS)/B5(850)/B8(900) MHz

Can you by any chance borrow a sim card from a friend and try it ? Whatever the company may be.

Answers

• Pascal L. 40582
    Pascal L. 40582 Posts: 649 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Does the SIM card work in your mobile phone? If so, then it may be an issue with your pocket router

• Ak_Arab2020

i ordered bought fizz sim card (empty)from couch tard, customized a plan 0 min 0 text, 20g data , and canda+us coverage , it works on the phone but i want it to be in the router so i can connectt my phone to it as wifi while using my other sim for textinf and callin , i also want to connect my laptop to it

• Pascal L. 40582
    Pascal L. 40582 Posts: 649 ✭✭

Your setup makes sense.

Maybe the pocket router is locked to a specific vendor (Bell, Rogers, etc.). Otherwise the pocket router may require some sort of configuration.

Have you used it before with a Canadian wireless service? (To make sure it supports Canadian wireless frequencies)

• Ak_Arab2020

i think its the configuration https://fccid.io/QISE5338/User-Manual/User-Manual-III-2605087.pdf

the device is not locked i bought in saudi and i used STC, mobily , Zain on it these are all GSM provider, i dont remeber goin throug the router setting before but those companies provide somthing called data only sim cards and dont have a phone number assoicated with them

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

The router apparently is comparible band 4 (page 9). If it's unlocked it should work.

Seems like you have 2 sim cards try the other card see if it works (even if it's not data only all activated sim cards have and need a phone number and should work on your router at least the LTE service)

• Ak_Arab2020

same issue

its actually saying card invalid or no card found, as if there something needs to be enable but its def on fizz side,

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    You need configure APN of router. APN should be changed to mobile.bm .
This discussion has been closed.