How can I have a technician to look at my connection outside?

Options
Gothmog
Gothmog Posts: 1 ✭✭

Since the beginning with fizz I am having issue with my internet where if I send an email it will stops. It can stop like 15 to 20 time a day. I try everything that fizz suggest and it is still doing it, I wonder if the issue is outside or with the cable.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Gothmog

Sorry you are having issue with your internet.

Does the problem also happen when you connect your computer directly to the modem via ethernet cable?

If yes and you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps with Fizz support, then you should contact them again.

Fizz support can remotely check your internet connection and determine whether a technician visit is needed.

You can contact customer support by Live Chat:

1. Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2. Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3. Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    4. The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Yes you just have to schedule it and you will have to paid.

But do you talk about the home internet or the mobile internet ?

The problem can be the modem too ? Do you use the Fizz modem as router or your own router ?

• Gothmog
    Options

I am talking about my home internet and I am using my Fizz modem.

• Gothmog
    Options

Both wiifi and cable disconnect it is like the Fizz modem restart completely and all lights stop appearing and it restart.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,920 ✭✭
    Options

Please unplug the modem from the wall outlet for a few minutes. Be sure to remove all plastic packaging from the modem. Keep the modem upright and do not keep it in an enclosed area as you must allow air around it to circulate.

If your modem turns off on its own, you can also check the electrical outlet. In case of overload or unstable power supply, please try using a different power outlet.

If the problem persists, you can contact Fizz support: https://fizz.ca/fr/contact-us

If necessary, Fizz support will take the necessary steps to replace your modem.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

In other words, what Fizzy tells you is that the modem could be overheating a bit. Follow the instructions, and give it some air.

Also chat with Fizz since they can check your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are within functioning ranges and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations). They can check for package loss or broadcast congestion.

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,150 admin
    Options

Hello Gothmog,

Apologies for the unpleasant situation.

I have verified your Fizz account and I see that you have reached us dirrectly and one of my colleagues has assisted you regarding the issue. If it still persists, please do not hesitate to contact us again through the link Fizzy provided.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.

Catalin

This discussion has been closed.