Différence in price between my account and upgrade my plan

Pacman
Pacman Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hey fizz community !

I actually pay 32$ per month for 2gb + unlimited call and text and Canada coverage.

Since we can change our plans each month I would like to try if I am ok with only 1gb and since there is the covid I don't need the Canada coverage for now. ( The goal is to save money )

BUT, when I go to the page to change my plan, my "actual" price is 35$... wtf ?

So even if I change to no Canada coverage and only 1gb il would pay like 2$ less and not 7$ ( Wich would pay my YouTube music premium )

Hope someone can help me or at least tell me whata going on !

Best Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Pacman,

Fizz does modify their mobile plans offered and prices from time to time.

As you have noticed, Fizz has changed the price and if you want to change your plan, you will pay for the plan at the current prices.

• Shenqi
    Shenqi Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

They do change the price from time to time.

• Fizzy
    Answer ✓

Correction to my previous post above:

The before vs after picture that Fizz displays for plan changes does include the taxes on both sides, but does not necessarily include any discounts from your bonuses/upgrades.

* This is the current situation at the time of posting this comment. Of course, Fizz may change or fix at any time.

Answers

• Fizzy

Make sure to check the custom parameters of your plan change. Also the before vs after picture that Fizz displays for plan changes does not necessarily include the taxes on both sides.

Does the cost of your current plan include the taxes? You are probably paying $32 + 911 fee + taxes.

Right now, the 1 GB plan for Canada coverage with unlimited SMS and calling and voicemail is $30 + 911 fee + taxes. So the $35 includes the taxes.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

The price you paid is the price of the plan when you take it if you changed you have to paid the current price who is more. So its normal each time you change plan you take a plan who are currently availlable. So its best to keep your plan if you have and old and better price.

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭

Dgjf replied perfectly. It's normal

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

Basically every plan is kind of "grandfathered" when you take it so you keep it at that price whether the price goes up or down, but if you make any changes it's like cancelling and getting a new plan so you cannot go back.

For a basic Qc plan with 1GB you'd pay 28$+tx and fees, less that what you're paying now, but if you want to go back you'd probably have have to pay 35$ for it, more than what you're paying now (unless prices change by the time you switch back). Whatever you'd save in the next year, you'd loose within a year of you go back to the pricier plan (or vice versa).

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Its a bit sad we cant change some option without changind the entire plan an so lost ours price. But in the same time its a good method to prevent a too big number of user with and old cheap plan.

This discussion has been closed.