How many phones can I order from my Fizz account ?

Hélène D. 685
Hélène D. 685 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hello guys,

How many phones can I order from my Fizz account ?Thanks. ☺️

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Hélène D.,

Fizz does not mention there is any maximum.

Do note that for each purchase of a discounted/subsidized phone from the Fizz shop, you are obligated to keep a Fizz mobile plan for 12 months. "This limited-time offer consists of applying the promotional rebate indicated on the suggested retail price of the phone in question. The rebate is conditional on (i) maintaining for an uninterrupted period of 12 months a Fizz mobile plan that is already active at the time of the phone’s purchase or (ii) activating a Fizz mobile plan within 7 days of receiving the phone in question (for members who do not already have an active Fizz mobile plan) and maintaining it for 12 months. If either condition is not met, you will be required to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining in the initial 12-month term."

You will also earn on your account:

• 10 points for every dollar paid on your monthly bills.
    • about 3 points for every dollar paid on phone purchases.

As mentioned, you can opt to have a new account for each mobile plan:

• Advantage: You can self-refer to receive the referral credit on both accounts.
    • Disadvantage: You will have multiple accounts to manage.

If you wish to participate in data gifting, you will need to pay for data (at least 1 GB) in your plan. If you have multiple plans in the same account, each plan can participate in data gifting, but you will need to share your phone number to be able to receive data.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

I don't think there is a limit to an account.

However it would probably be more advantageous to have a phone per account (thus email address) for data gifting on top of the first referral rebate.

• abe
    abe Posts: 5 ✭✭

probably there is no limit to order phones

enjoy!!!

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

No limit but the 12 month deal is not clear for me.

Example i buy a phone so y need to keep my plan for 12 month.

So if y buy a second phone with the same plan do y now have to keep my plan for 12 month or for 24 month (12 for the first and 12 for the second).

Its not really clear so i think the best way of thinking is one phone per plan per 12 month.

Have a nice day

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Fizz states the following: "The important thing is that the number of active mobile plans in your account is the same as the number of phones you bought with a rebate. So, if you only bought one phone with a rebate, you need at least one active mobile plan in your account."

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

So if you buy a second phone, you would need to take a second Fizz mobile plan for 12 months.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Thanks for the info so i think the website has a bug because i already buy one phone on my plan but can buy a second without problem the site wont block me and let me choose the same number/plan to link with the phone.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Yeah, I agree. There is probably no limit. You pay for the phones after all and as long as you pay, I don't think Fizz will necessarily care :)

This discussion has been closed.