Network problem high latency especially at night 1-2 sec. every minutes or so

Options
Alexandre
Alexandre Posts: 2 ✭✭

I got some pretty annoying network problem since i moved to my new house. The network is getting high ping spike at night especially but in the morning too sometimes. Maybe i have some packet loss or something. My pc is wired on the modem direct and i tried reseting the modem and restarting it.

I tried changing my plans to get more data but it didnt change anything at all. thanks for helping me !

Best Answer

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From my personal experience I can tell you that the router that is provided by Fizz (CODA) is known for having problems.

Whenever I had that router, I was facing the same issues (regardless of the provider I was with).

What worked for me was buying my own router and use the CODA Modem in bridge mode. That way I am also getting maximum speed always

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,354 admin
    Options

Hi Alexandre,
    I understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing.

Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?

Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.

I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestion.

There is also no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.

More helpful details can be found here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!

Andrei

• Alexandre
    Options

okay thank you i will try this Stefan !

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Happy to help :) I hope you can fix it !

• Victor C. #1356
    Victor C. #1356 Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options

Had some problems before, I bought a Linkyss R75 and all my problems disappear, just put your coda on Bridge mode.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Its a bit sad to see so many people has to put the Bridge mode not by choice but by obligation. If the modem is so bad i hope one day Fizz will drop it and try a better one :)

On my side a use my own router but its by choice they give so mutch more option.

• Victor C. #1356
    Victor C. #1356 Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options

Well to be honest it is a hit and a miss, I had the modem working for 1 year without any problem, but when I moved I started getting problems, I will say that the new place is bigger, so I had some wifi problems.

But yes it will be nice that Fizz gets new router/modem solution

• Alexandre
    Options

hey i just bridge the modem and its the first night i dont have ping spike thanks so much !

Fizz should do something about the crappy coda modem

This discussion has been closed.