Connection problems

Options
m1998
m1998 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Internet

Hi there!

I am having connection issues since last week, I am loosing internet connection since last 2 weeks and it interrupts my work since I am working from home. Is anyone else having connection problems ? Would anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problems ? I am thinking about changing the home internet to a different company.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,393 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi 1998,
    I understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing.

Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?

Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.

Following this, please change the connection bandwidth from 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ as shown here below:
    The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:
    Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    Select your Wi-Fi network
    Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    Band Steering ''On/Off''

This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:
    1. Log in at:192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.
    2. Log in using the following information:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)
    3. Go to the next section to apply changes:
    Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)

I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they are off from the optimal parameters, with some package loss and broadcast congestion.

However, there is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.

More helpful details can be found here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @m1998

this could be many things. You could try the following:

• if your problem is wifi, try if possible the Ethernet solution
    • unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it
    • try a factory reset. Not quick but easy. And could be faster than chatting with fizz who will probably ask you the same anyway. Use a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection. More at : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#7
    • If you have another coaxial cable than the one that you already use, it would be very useful to test with it.https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

Contact Fizz since they can

• check your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are alright and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations). They can check for package loss or broadcast congestion.
    • check your account status
    • verify if there is an incident or maintenance work carried out in your area affecting services

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options

I am currently facing the same issue for about two weeks. Every three days I need to reboot the modem because all the request times out.

Are you connected directly to fizz modem or you are using your own router?

• m1998
    m1998 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for all your help @Idefizz and @Whizz ! I will give a try to your suggestions

This discussion has been closed.