USA Data Add-on not working

Options
Seu_Madruga
Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in My Mobile

Hi,

I’m in US (Atlanta) and my Fizz data add-on is not working! I bought it yesterday and it shows in my plan that I have it, I’m at a WIFi right now, so I could send this message. Do I need to do anything? The network it got was from AT&T.

Thanks!

Comments

• Totoro
    Totoro Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I don’t know if you already found a solution to your problem. Have you tried to reboot/restart your phone? Sometimes it can help.

There are also other tips with ANP, networks, etc.

I hope it was a bit helpful. I haven’t experienced it myself so I’m sorry if I can’t help more.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,237 admin
    Options

Hello Seu_Madruga,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    Have you tried restarting the phone or turning the airplane mode On/Off?

Also, please make sure that your roaming is turned On. 
    You could also try to manually switch networks. This can vary depending on the type of phone you are using. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

Here you can find more troubleshooting you can try: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-m-outside-my-coverage-zone-and-my-mobile-data-isn-t-working-why
    If none of the manipulations work please contact our support team: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a lovely evening,
    Alex

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

The APN settings also need to be correct. Maybe have a look at that too and try to manually add them.

Good luck :)

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options

The add-on is supposed to be effective immediately.

Why are you saying that it's not working? You could double check that you indeed enabled the USA data add-on?

There is some documentation here:

I guess it's kind of late to say this. However, when I travel abroad I usually buy an US prepaid data plan. It is generally speaking cheaper.

I hope this helps, have a good trip.