I have data that is about to expire, if I send it to a friend, will the timer be reset?

Options
Lucie
Lucie Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello!

I have data that is about to expire, if I send it to a friend, will the timer be reset? 

Thanks foryour help

Best Answer

• Misha E.
    Misha E. Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Lucie !

If you send your data to a friend the timer will be reset indeed! HOW AMAZING IS THAT??!!!!!!!!

Answers

• Brandon Y.
    Brandon Y. Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

Like Misha said, it does restart!

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Yep, it does restart for them. I do it all the time. Just remember you can only gift your monthly data, roll-over data cannot be gifted.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

The timer is kind of reset since it is now in your friend's timeline.

Mind you

• you cannot give data what you've been gifted (unless you received a data perk from Fizz). Also you cannot gift it to yourself and then give it to your friend.
    • your friend must have a data plan
    • your friend must be in your contacts
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

As already mentioned, yes, the "timer" restart, but for your friend. The delay is 30 days if I'm right.

If you are talking about expiration, it might be a gift? In that case, as @Idefizz said, only Fizz gift can be give, and you will have to do a tricky manipulation to gave it if your friend is not in your contact list. You will have to send him an invite email and it will work.

Good Luck

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options

Not for perk. Perk expire date won't change.

For gift, yes it will be changed the your friend current left billing days + 30 days.

This discussion has been closed.