Not internet access since March 5th 2021

Options
Johny A.
Johny A. Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi Fizz Community, I am currently having issues with my internet. No internet connection at all. Tried to reboot modem multiple times. I am located in Laval. I contacted Fizz and they said that they are doing work on the node. I don't think it's normal not to have internet for two days! Anyone else is having the same issue?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,333 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Johny,

We're truly sorry about this situation encountered. I kindly wish to inform you that I checked your account and saw that the maintenance works are still being carried out in your area.

Rest assured, our technicians are already on the field and doing everything they can to fix this in the shortest possible time.

We highly appreciate your understanding and if you need additional assistance, for all the information on how we can be reached you can check our page: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a wonderful day!
    -Ioana

Answers

• Johny A.
    Options

I am currently chatting with the Fizz Chat bubble and they said the opposite.

Message from the Fizz team member: I have verified in my tools and your modem shows as partially online, the signals are not so good. However, there is no work carried out in your area affecting the services. Can you please unplug the modem from the power outlet, unscrew the coaxial cable from both ends then plug it tightly back in and connect the modem to a different outlet?

So... who's right, who's wrong? I need my internet service back please.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Options
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,333 admin
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply, Johny. The maintenance works performed in the area can affect the service randomly, I notice you're also currently still on chat. Kindly follow the manipulations mentioned there, in order for us to try and help further with the service.

We highly appreciate your understanding and patience.
    Have a lovely day,
    -Ioana

• Johny A.
    Options

It's been two days without the internet. Why aren't we notified of any maintenance work before you actually start the maintenance? Also, do we have an estimated time of resolution for the maintenance?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

@Johny A. even if they would notify you, two days is too much.

Fizz, c'mon 2 days is not acceptable in a work from home environment during a global pandemic.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Some compensation is in order. Maybe gift cards GB on mobile so you can work on tethering during the maintenance?

Videotron offered it to me in a past life. There was an temporary issue with one of their node.

• Johny A.
    Options

After hard resetting my modem, this is the answer that I get from the chat: "I understand, thank you for the details provided, I verified once again in my tools and it seems you are still affected by the work that is carried in your area. I cannot provide a time frame of when it is done since another department takes care of it, you can still reboot the modem from time to time if you notice any changes, once the services are back you will notice it."

First, they don't send a notice of the maintenance to be performed in my area. Just an email notice or something would have helped and I would have found another solution.

Second, they except customers to randomly reboot their modem from time to time to see if the service is back? Providing an estimated time of repair is mandatory.

Third, the Fizz status website shows as everything is working, which is not the case. It's been two days so far. I have chatted multiple time with agents and no one took the opportunity to update the website.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Like the other i dont think 2 days without internet is normal il this day in age. I hope its resolve soon.

Can you check with your neighbour if they have internet by cable (so on the videotron network) and ask them if they have acces. If its the case its really weird if they have the same situation i thnink you cant do mutch.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.