Number next to my name, while others don't?

Simon
Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm curious to know why I seem to have an ID number next to my name, while others don't. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

My wild guess is that your nickname was too common for the new platform and it's migration, so Fizz tech had to render it unique by appending with what is probably your hidden ID number in the new system.

You can change it here

Some people had to got through a different device to change it. Mind you, the value not longer seem taken from the account profile but from the forum profile.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

I think its about duplication. On the old forum nickname can be duplicate. But one the new forum with the tag function @Simon B. 46829 duplication is not an option so Fizz have changed the name in the same time the forum changed. But its only suppositiion. Have a nice day :)

• oberon
    oberon Posts: 90 ✭✭

Looks to me like it was based on the duplication of the first part of the nickname and not the entire nickname. Don't think there was another Simon B. before. So all the people with the same first name in the nickname probably had a number appended to their nickname.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

Hi,

As everyone said, it's about the duplication when we switch from the old platform to the new one.

You can change it by clicking on you icon in the top right and then "Edit profile".

From now you can change your name.

Good luck!

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

In fact yes they have many Simon B. Here is not exhautive (sorry guys) :

@Simon B. 1707

@Simon B. 1877

@Simon B. 2596

.... and i seem to continu for a while.

You juste have to tap "@Simon B" and you can see the list show up. Its not look to my a situation where juste the first name is the same but the pseudo in all(in this case first name and first lettre of last name) .

• roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭

Simon is to common try adding an adjectif like PetitSimon it will work

• Simon

I tried changing my user name, but the system wont allow it. Irrelevant what new name I choose, an error message pops up that: "You don't have permission to do that."

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Try :

1. logging off
    2. close all Fizz browser tabs ◄
    3. erase all Fizz cookies ◄
    4. log in the forum only (not your Fizz account) https://forum.fizz.ca/en
    5. again, change your username in "Edit profile" https://forum.fizz.ca/en/profile/edit
    6. in case of failure, try with another device like your mobile if possible

Ref Snapshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6032561/uploads/BPHRG4G9A8R1/image.png

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

Hi,

For me, yesterday, I wasn't able to change my pseudo from my profil setting on my computer.

But I switched to my mobile and then I changed my pseudo and it worked.

Maybye you can try that?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

That is probably down to the fact, that you can now use @ in the forum. This allows for only one unique username.

• Simon
    edited March 2021

Regarding attempting to change my user name and getting error message that "You don't have permission to do that."

• Logging out/in produced the same error message.
    • Using another browser worked.

Thank you to everyone, and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.