How to listen to voicemail without a data plan?

Dale H.
Dale H. Posts: 2 ✭✭
I paid for the voicemail option but Im not able to access it because I don't have any minutes. How can I listen to my paid voicemail service?

Best Answer

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

As the others mentioned, you can access is from a separate phone. My personal recommendation would be to purchase the 60 minute add on. It's only 3$ and valid for 60 days. Thats what I am doing all the time.

Apart from that I can recommend a VOIP service such as TextNow, which comes with unlimited minutes and only requires an active data connection.

Hope that helps.

Answers

• Kariann
    Kariann Posts: 98 ✭✭
    You can download YouMail and save 2$ per month :)
    Good luck
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

@Kariann just to be sure do YouMail work without data plan ? They keep the voicemail on your phone ? Or you need internet on your phone to use it ? I dont know the app but i will check it thanks. Have a nice day :)

• Dgjf

@StefanM TextNow seem free ? I am right or i miss understand ? For my VOIP need im using magic jack but your suggestion seem nice.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

Hi,

First, why paying for voicemail if you don't have any minutes in your plan?

Because if you don't have any minutes, you wont be able to call and receive call.

So, you will minutes and these 3 options:

• Buy an add-ons (3$ for 60 minutes) available for 2 months
    • Add minutes to your plan
    • Get an free VOiP apps as : TextNow, Fongo etc... For me i'M using textnow wich work with data and Wifi. The only thing about TextNow is that you can't use your real phone number. The app will provide you one and then you're good to go. By the way, you can call, receive call, acces to a voicemail and text.

Good Luck!

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

@jeff3000 yes YouMail work without data plan. You will need Wifi to listen to your voicemail. They will be on the app and you will be able to transfert them into you email adress or download to keep it somewhere.

• Dgjf

Maybe he use add-on for minute but dont have anymore in the moment and dont want to spend to get the last message he got (before running out of minute). So the best option its to call from another phone in my optinion if you dont want to spend 3$ (but yes 3$ its really cheap for 60 minutes i use it when needed).

• StefanM

TextNow is completely free. I've been using it for the past two years. They are a company located in Waterloo ON, so they are homegrown. I mainly using it as a secondary number to give to retail companies etc and reserve my fizz number for friends and official communication. It offers free text messages and unlimited North America minutes. If I have longer calls, that's usually what I use. :) Hope it helps.

• StefanM

Another option would be to just leave some money in your wallet and call the voice mail. Usually you don't spend too much time listening to your messages, so it shouldn't cost too much.

• Dgjf

Thank you @StefanM your explaination for TextNow is really hepfull.

• StefanM

No worries. It helps me a lot. I hope it can help you too :)