Router doesn’t work properly. Wi-Fi channels problem

Ok, I did all you asked and even more since Friday. I tried band steering mode, without steering, only 2.4 g, only 5g, both 2.4 and 5. I tried auto channels. I did factory reset, I changed all names and passwords ………… etc. BUT! Any way next day it was switched to channels 36 (for 5 g) and 1 (for 2.4 g). That’s mean your router doesn’t work properly... two reasons- or hardware problem or firmware problem. As I said before it’s not only my case. I gave you links to another complaints

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Sergey

Yes the firmware has some bugs.

After performing a factory reset, please redo the customization changes.

Manually select the WiFi channels you want to use, instead of automatic.

You can contact Fizz support if issues persist: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
  • Julie L. 83740
    Julie L. 83740 Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Have you think of using another router instead of Fizz modem/router ?
    I had issues at first with the Fizz modem/router so I bought another one (Netgear). everything work fine since then.
  • sergey K. 87676
    sergey K. 87676 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Fizzy, if you read attentive my message you can see I did everything you offer me now. It doesn’t work!
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    sergey,
    You can also try to use your Fizz modem on Bridge mode and use your own good router.
    It can help.
  • sergey K. 87676
    Julie, of course I asked customer service and did all the tests they asked, it doesn’t work! And of course I can use my own router, I even can change the internet company!
  • sergey K. 87676
    MichelP, I know.. I also can change an internet company-)
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    @sergey sure you can but be aware when you receive a modem/routeur its always a basic routeur and you always get best fonctionnality out of a true routeur. Dont but all your egg on the same bag. Whe are client too here if you want to quit we dont get or loose anything. Im too use the fizz modem as modem only and have my own router and its true its the best option. The modem Fizz give you is not manufactured by fizz and this problem is know by the manufacturer. I dont think its fizz fault. Have a nice day :)
  • sergey K. 87676
    Thank you Jeff, I know. I also have another router. But I only don’t like when the company can’t fix such easy problems and stop trust such company. I am sure the problem in firmware there.
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    @sergey you maybe right but it seems the problem occurs on the same modem but from other provider so i dont think the bug is at Fizz level but ine the manufacturer firmware/os. Bur i can be sure at 100%. For me Fizz should offer a modem only to be honest. Have a nice day :)
This discussion has been closed.