How can I get an installation appointment when Fizz thinks plan is already activated (Activation pen

Options
Bert G.
Bert G. Posts: 2 ✭✭
I had to cancel a "Move" installation, to transfer my Internet from my old apartment (Apt A) to my new one (Apt B). I was then obliged to deactivate my Internet plan entirely such that the incoming tenant at Apt A (also a Fizz customer) could schedule an installation, which they did. I have now attempted to reactivate my plan, but Fizz seems to think I've already moved the Internet over successfully: my plan is listed as being at Apt B, my new location, and it says "Activation Pending", yet there's no way (via Manage Plans and appointments) to reschedule the installation that never took place. Additionally, Fizz is screaming at me to send back the modem which seems a bit silly since I'm trying to remain a Fizz internet customer.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,727 ✭✭
    Options
    Bert

Contact the customer service, since I believe that you must return the modem and make a new subscription, since you cancel it.

1- Log in to your account (see top right).
    2- Any ad blocker in your browser must be disabled.
    3- You must be on a help sheet: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue
    4- The green bubble should appear in bottom right of the page
  • Bert G.
    Bert G. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    The whole problem stems, I might add, from a baffling Fizz 'technical problem: a new Fizz customer can't schedule an installation while an old Fizz account is active at the same apartment. Whoever's in charge 'over there' needs to figure this one out! Because it results in a situation where someone has to go without internet for 7 - 14 days after the exiting tenant deactivates but before the new tenant can have an installation which, when people are working from home, is totally unacceptable.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Please contact customer support. That is we’re they start earning their money, only they can help you :)
    Edit: Sorry I didn’t see your answer that you already tried
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Bert

Sorry to hear about this unpleasant situation.
    I hope you have contacted Fizz support about this.

I trust Fizz will work on solving this technical issue for future customers.
    In the meantime, it looks like the wait time for internet installations is about 2 to 3 days at the moment (depending on your location).
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options
    @Bert I suppose its done ? Can you choose a best answer to close the question please. Thank you and have a nice day :)
This discussion has been closed.